Terms & Conditions
- Seller – Bike Builders Ltd
- Buyer – end customer, person, or company
- Product – each item you can purchase in our online store
- Bike – complete and functional sporting good offered by Seller
- Component – an essential part of the bike or accessory required for its maintenance
- Used But Shiny (UBS) – used bike in original or custom specification described in product description attached to each bike presented on our website;
- Custom Machine (CM) – bike composed by the customer or by Seller from parts in various technical condition (new / outlet / used)
- Brand New (BN) – new and unused bike in original manufacturer specification.
- Bill of Materials – detailed list of all components used in the build with a description of the technical condition (new / outlet / used)
We accept all major forms of payment (Maestro, Visa, Mastercard). The total price of goods and any applicable shipping costs will be clearly stated at the end of the shopping basket process. The order will be processed after receiving the payment.
Paypal – what’s our policy?
Bike Builders offers an alternative secure payment method via PayPal. You can pay with PayPal without entering your debit or credit card details.
How can I use PayPal?
Select PayPal as the payment method and follow the onscreen instructions. You will be redirected to PayPal where you need to choose the PayPal funding source you wish to use for your order. You will then receive 2 emails, 1 from PayPal to confirm your payment and 1 from Bike Builders to confirm your order.
Can I use PayPal without opening a PayPal account?
You can now pay with PayPal without the need to open an account. This means PayPal will not hold onto your details after purchase. PayPal limits the number of account free transactions to 10.
Unfortunately, sometimes there are problems creating or processing PayPal Orders. Here are some of the errors you might receive while creating your order:
- If you are redirected to an error page or do not receive an online confirmation email from us then it is likely that an error prevented the creation of the order at Bike Builders. If you are not sure please log into your Bike Builders customer account. If the order does not appear there within 5 minutes then it was not successfully created. If you receive an email from PayPal stating that you have paid for your order but do not receive an email from Bike Builders, please log into your account and check that the order was successfully created there. If it was not please contact us quoting your name, email address, PayPal account email address, the items that you ordered, and any vouchers that you used. We will then be able to recreate the order and find your PayPal payment to link it to.
- ‘The buyer is restricted’ – PayPal has placed restrictions on your account and we are unable to proceed with your order. Please contact PayPal to resolve this issue with them. Alternatively, you may change your payment method and pay by card directly to Bike Builders. Please update your Bike Builders account with the card your wish to pay with then contact us for further help to do this.
- ‘The buyer cannot pay, transaction rejected’ – PayPal believes you are unable to pay for your order. Please contact PayPal and then let us know when the issue is resolved and we can retry to process your order. Alternatively, you may change your payment method and pay by card directly to Bike Builders. Please update your Bike Builders account with the card your wish to pay with and if you require our assistance.
- ‘The funding source is missing’ – The funding source you chose to use to pay for your order is no longer connected to your PayPal account or your order. Please contact PayPal to resolve the issue. Alternatively, you may change your payment method and pay by card directly to Bike Builders. Please update your Bike Builders account with the card your wish to pay with then contact us for further help to do this.
Please Note: Orders will be delivered to the address confirmed on the Bike Builders website, not the address shown in your PayPal account. Please check the delivery address at Bike Builders checkout before confirming the order.
Cash payment on collection is possible
- We’ll advise you by email when your order has been
- All Products are carefully packed before shipping
- There is a possibility to arrange collection through services like Shiply shiply.com and Bike Builders is happy to assist you through the process.
- The bike will be pre-assembled and adjusted
UK Standard Deliveries / 1-3 working days All UK orders are sent using Royal Mail or courier (DPD Local, TNT or UPS). As standard, all orders should be delivered within 1-3 working days from the day of dispatch. You can pay for faster and next-day delivery options at a special request – for more details contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will inform you of the tracking details of your order when it is dispatched.
UK Standard cost of delivery:
- Bikes 59 GBP
- Parts 5-10 GBP – depends on part size and weight
PL Standard Deliveries / 4-10 working days
- Quick delivery (delivery between 4-5 days) – we will only use well-known service providers like DPD, UPS, or TNT. Bike Builders will issue to customer tracking details on the day of dispatch. PL Quick Delivery cost:
- Bikes 149 GBP
- Parts 10-15 GBP – depends on part size and weight
- Economy delivery (delivery between 5-10 days) – option available only for bikes and on special request. Bike Builders can share with customer contact details to known and trusted companies who are offering delivery services on a smaller scale but in competitive pricing (circa 40 GBP). The customer, however, needs to handle all the arrangements with the service provider on his own, including payment for delivery.
EU Deliveries We are focused on sales to the United Kingdom and Poland, but we can consider shipments to other EU countries on your request. For more details please contact email@example.com.
Delivery delays Bike Builders will put all the effort to dispatch your product on time but delays might occur due to various reasons including but not limited to listed below:
- The availability of one of your order items may have changed from when you purchased, if this is the case we’ll call or email you to help you find an alternative or refund
- If it’s a UK Bank Holiday period
- Force Majeure such as COVID-19
- Goods are returned carriage paid.
- Goods are returned in the same condition as received and in its original packaging where appropriate. Bike Builders reserve the right to keep a digital record of bike’s condition before its shipment. Bike Builders will use it as a point of reference in potential return claims.
- Goods returned after 14 days may be subject to a restocking charge of 10%. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Bike Builders cannot accept the return of custom-built/specially ordered products from the Custom Machine category as they are being built to each customer’s individual requirements.
- Please include a copy of your receipt and a full covering letter with all returns and for your protection, please keep your proof of posting.
Wrongly supplied or damaged goods If in the unfortunate event of Products being wrongly supplied or arriving damaged please contact us for the best means of rectifying the problem. We will endeavor to rectify the problem as soon as feasibly possible. If you need to return an item due to the fault of Bike Builders we will cover your postage costs to the value of 100 GBP. Please note we are only able to refund postage for the services described, please do not use the Royal Mail special delivery service or a premium courier as we are not able to refund these costs. If you do use a premium service it is at your cost.
This statement covers the relevant laws relating to data
Please refer to the following portal for GDPR Europe: https://gdpr-info.eu/
What data do we collect?
We collect your data by positive opt-in via the contact form or through acceptance granted before confirmation of an order. This can include your name, email and phone number, and other details including address if included. We may also collect your data for the purpose of registration for a newsletter sign up. Signing up for a newsletter may include a third party marketing email service like MailChimp or iContact. These companies are covered by their own privacy statements and legislation governing email marketing companies. Any financial information, e.g. a card transaction is encrypted and data is not stored by our website.
How do we use personal information?
Information is only used through the course of usual business so we can contact you to provide a service. Your personal information is not used for any other purpose. If you have subscribed to a newsletter, then your information will be used to provide that service/information. We dislike spam as much as anyone, and will never send you inappropriate communications. You may unsubscribe at any time.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We require your positive consent to receive and process your personal information. We only collect the minimum information to provide the service required and nothing else. You can withdraw and manage your consent for use of your personal information at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org , or via the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any marketing email we send.
When do we share personal data?
We may only share your personal data with designed email marketing companies like MailChimp or iContact. In addition, should this site include e-commerce functionality, then your personal information will be processed in the usual manner through payment providers, e.g. Paypal or similar. We do not share your personal information with any other company or individual.
How do we secure personal data?
Our computer systems are compliant with all the relevant legislation. We use a reputable hosting company with the appropriate security measures in place. We also have backups of any data stored securely. Access to data is also secure. The website uses encryption through a security certificate (SSL) so no data is transmitted without encryption.
How long do we keep your data for?
We only keep personal information for the duration of our service to you. If you have subscribed for a newsletter, then we will from time to time review our policy on keeping your information and delete it if it is no longer relevant.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have many rights under GDPR EU law. At any time you can ask us what data we hold, request correction or deletion, or request restrictions on its use.
By submitting personal information, you consent to that information and the contact details you have provided to us being used by us to contact you for service-related reasons.
Using our blog/news section if activated
If the blog/news section of this site is active, then you may be able to comment on posts. This may/may not require you to create an account on the website. To that end, we may collect your basic personal information (name/email/password) so you can participate in discussions. The use of your personal data is restricted to the blog and the website database which is secured at our hosting company. Bike Builders is not taking any responsibility for links, comments or any other posts made by blog users.
The issue with Data (Breaches)
We will report any data breach relating to this website and any of the associated storage. We will report this breach to the appropriate authorities within 72 hours as is the requirement under the GDPR legislation.
If you have questions or concerns with regards to data or this policy, then please contact: email@example.com
Bike Builders warranty conditions of the Products vary depends on its category which is clearly defined in the product description you can find in our store.
Used but Shiny (second-hand bikes)
Bike Builders is giving a warranty of 30 days from the date of purchase. The warranty covers component failures which may occur in normal use of the Bike. All damage caused by improper or extreme use of the bike like dents, cracks, bends won’t be covered by this warranty. Maintenance parts like brake pads, bearings, seals, and tires are not covered by this warranty as well.
Custom Machine (bespoke bikes)
Bikes from this category might be built out of parts which are in different condition: new, outlet or used. Therefore, not all components will be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. The condition of each component will be described in the Bill of Material which will be provided to the customer along with sales receipt. Only parts that are described in the Bill of Material as “new” are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Brand New and Components (new products)
All Brand New bikes and/or Components described as “new” which you can find in Bike Builders online store are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
Bike Builders is using their best knowledge and experience to carefully select Bikes from the second-hand market. For this purpose, we have established a service check procedure to ensure that each UBS and CM Bike we sell to you is in perfect working and aesthetic condition. Our service examination, which we do on each of our bikes, covers 5-point check:
- Suspension: front and rear
- Transition: all gears are in perfect working condition
- Braking: bleed out and regulated
- Seat post: bleed out and regulated
- Wheels & Tyres: check pressure and tire condition
Those parts which will not comply with our check due to any sort of failure are being fixed or replaced before the sale by a professional mechanic.