Most frequent questions and answers
Bike’s condition depends on the category (UBS, BN, CM) and will be consistent with the description of the offer. There are three categories:
- Used but Shiny: these are second-hand bikes with some signs of usage. The exact condition of the bike will be as stated in the offer (containing both description and the photos). Bikes from this category are given thorough service in professional workshop and are ready to use (they do not require any further investment).
- Custom Machine: unique bikes created specifically to satisfy client’s wishes, either from new or outlet components. Type of each component (new or outlet) depends on the bike’s configuration selected by you. Bike is then assembled by professional BB service and brought up to ready-to-use state.
- Brand New: new bikes in original manufacturer’s packaging.
Our bikes are delivered to you in special packages designed for bike transport. Due to large dimensions some components are disassembled for shipping. Each component is properly secured and packed for transport and after delivery you will need just some basic tools (e.g. Allen wrenches) to reassemble your bike.
- Used but Shiny: second-hand bikes with 60-day start-up warranty provided by Bike Builders.
- Custom Machine: bikes created specifically to satisfy client’s wishes, either from new or outlet components. These bikes are sold with 60-day start-up warranty provided by Bike Builders, but individual components, such as frame, might have additional manufacturer’s warranties, if they are brand new.
- Brand New: New bikes and components sold with manufacturer’s warranty, which scope depends on the policy of a given company.
To ease your mind Bike Builders guarantees that the bike you buy was checked and prepared for use in professional service workshop. Our warranty is valid for 30 days from the delivery date. We guarantee that the bike was checked and all of its components are working fine. Our warranty does not cover mechanical damage of the bike nor any of its components.
Used but Shiny: max. 5 working days from the date of payment arrival at BB bank account. It is also possible to collect your bike in person — in such a case please contact us by e-mail or phone to work out the date and time.
Custom Machine: processing time depends on the availability of the individual components and the current workload of the BB service, but it should not be longer than 14 days from the date of placing the order. Delivery takes place max. 5 days from the moment the bike is assembled. Each client is kept up to date about the details of order realization. It is also possible to collect your bike in person — in such a case please contact us by e-mail or phone to work out the date and time.
Brand New: max. 5 working days from the date of payment arrival at BB bank account.
We always try to help our clients, so each case is being analysed individually. However in all cases we require you to provide valid evidence that the damage did not result from improper equipment handling. After considering this evidence BB team contacts the client and informs him or her about next steps.
Our offer includes two types of products: new and outlet ones. New components are usually the products from the current collection/line of the manufacturer. Outlet components are products that may have minor aesthetic deficiencies, like slight scratches or damaged sticker. Products from this category were never used outside.
Used but Shiny: in case of this category we recommend personal pick-up, as these are second-hand bikes. We really want our clients to be fully satisfied with their purchase, therefore we think the best way to achieve this goal is to try out your bike first-hand.